PERSONAL DATA THAT ISLA COLLECTS
Through ISLA’s interactions with you, ISLA collects various kinds of personal data. Some of this data is provided by you directly, and some is collected automatically based on your interactions with ISLA’s website (www.islaathletic.com)(“Site”) and emails.
You may decline to provide your personal data, however this may impact our ability to provide you with ISLA’s products or services. For example, ISLA requires your address and payment details in order to process your order.
ISLA will collect personal information in a number of ways, some examples are listed below:
- Your name, date of birth and contact information (email, telephone number and shipping/billing address);
- Passwords and security information used for authentication and account access;
- Payment data required to process payments;
- Interaction data about your use of the Site and emails;
- Device data; and
- Error reports, access logs and performance data,
- Register or use the Site;
- Contact ISLA by email or any other medium;
- Register as a member of ISLA;
- Place an order at the Site; or
- From time to time, ISLA may also get data about you from third parties. This could include other partners that ISLA have run partnerships, competitions and events with.
If you have given your consent to our use of your personal data, you are entitled to withdraw this consent at any time.
HOW ISLA USES PERSONAL DATA
ISLA uses the data collected from you to fulfil your order, and to enhance your shopping experience on the Site and email. In particular we use data to:
- Process and fulfil any orders placed via the Site.
- Provide customer support when you contact ISLA.
- Improve and develop the Site.
- Market to you via email and targeted advertising campaigns.
- Internal business reporting.
ISLA will only process your personal data with your consent or as necessary to fulfil ISLA’s obligations to you as a customer, to operate our business, meet ISLA’s contractual and legal obligations and to protect the security of ISLA’s systems.
Your personal data will be processed by the internal staff of ISLA, who have been specifically trained and authorised for this processing. Your personal data will also be transmitted to third parties that we use to provide ISLA’s services; these parties have been rigorously assessed for the way in which they manage personal data and may only use your data for the exact purposes that ISLA specify in the contract with them.
The third parties in question belong to the following categories:
- Companies such as payment service providers that help ISAL to process your order.
- Companies that help ISLA to deliver your purchases such as couriers and parcel delivery companies who deliver your goods and act as Data Controllers for the duration of the delivery process.
- Professional service providers, such as email delivery suppliers, IT software providers, marketing and research agencies, analytics companies and website hosts who help ISLA to run ISLA’s business,
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so ISLA can help tackle fraud.
- Governmental bodies and regulators to comply with ISLA’s legal obligations.
- Aggregated data that does not identify individuals is shared with internal teams, relevant service providers and brand partners for business planning purposes
ISLA must have a valid reason for processing your personal data and may not collect, store or use data about you that is not compatible with that reason. There are four valid reasons for ISLA’s use of your personal data: Performance of a Contract, ISLA’s Legitimate Interests as a business, a Legal Obligation ISLA is required to follow and Consent which you provide to ISLA.
The data ISLA proceses, and the legal basis we use to process it is detailed below:
- When you purchase a product from the Site, ISLA will ask you for the personal data necessary to allow ISLA to fulfil ISLA’s contract with you including despatching your item and taking payment from you. Your personal data will also used to manage your requests for customer service. Personal Data Processed: Contact details (name, address, postcode, phone number), financial details (credit and debit card details etc), delivery address.
- When you register on the Site, convert your guest account to a registered account, ISLA will ask you for the personal data necessary to allow you to benefit from services reserved to registered users. Personal Data Processed: Name, email address, day and month of birth, designer and other preferences.
- Push notifications via the Site to offer goods and services that may be relevant to you. These can be configured in the settings of your device or browser. Personal Data Processed: Products purchased, viewed, or placed in cart, name, device ID or IP address; language used to navigate and version of your use (country); information on the device and browser you use; date and time when you provided consent to receiving web push notifications; date of creation of the account; date of last visit to our site.
- When you receive email marketing communications from us after entering a competition run by one of our affiliate partners. Personal Data Processed: Name and email address.
- When you have signed up to take part in ISLA’s market research programmes. Personal Data Processed: Name, email address and dependent upon the type of research, other relevant information, for example age or place of domicile may also be collected.
- Correspondence with ISLA’s Customer Care team are stored to ensure a high level of customer service to our clients, to enable the development of staff training and to manage complaints or disputes. Personal Data Processed: Correspondence with ISLA’s Customer Care teams, customer name, account ID and order ID.
- To monitor the Site visitor behaviour patterns. Personal Data Processed: Internet log information that is anonymised, so that individuals cannot be directly identified
- When ISLA has a service message ISLA needs to send you via email confirming your order or returns or informing you of any changes that might affect your order, ISLA’s service to you or changes to terms and conditions. Personal Data Processed: Name and email address.
- When you save an item to your Shopping Bag, but don’t check out, ISLA will send you an email service message to remind you that you haven’t checked out. Personal Data Processed: Name, email address, item(s) saved in Bag.
- When you make a purchase on the Site, ISLA will use some of your personal data to carry out anti-fraud activities: ISLA has a legitimate interest in carrying out this activity to prevent and prosecute any fraudulent activity. Personal Data Processed: Name, billing and shipping address, email address, phone number, payment information, previous order history.
- When providing your personal data for email communication purposes you also consent to ISLA using tracking technologies in the email to make sure the email has been delivered, that you have opened it and to monitor if you have clicked on any of the links. This information helps us to measure the value of our communications and to provide you with relevant content at the right frequency, in compliance with ISLA’s Retention Policy. Personal Data Processed: Email address and engagement with email and its content.
- To monitor and analyze the performance of product ranges and anticipate market trends. Personal Data Processed: Whilst this is normally in anonymised form, occasionally, ISLA will use personal data such as location and gender to analyse business performance.
- When you contact ISLA’s Customer Care team, ISLA has a legitimate interest to ensure ISLA handles and manages any query you have regarding the products and services ISLA provides. Personal Data Processed: Your name, the pages you have viewed and items in your Shopping Bag and any other contact details you might provide to us during the course of the conversation.
- To collect information on our brand influencers and understand their impact. Personal Data Processed: Publicly available data on your social network that includes name, username(s), posts, views, followers, shares, comments and bio descriptions and to which ISLA may add further information such as contact details (phone number, email and address), industry category, territory, age, gender, favorite products or other relevant information
- ISLA may use your data to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against any legal claims. Personal Data Processed: Identification data and other personal data that may be relevant to the specific legal claim.
- When ISLA process your information in response to you exercising your data subject rights. Personal Data Processed: Name, contact information, purchase history, other information you have specifically requested.
- When you make a purchase on the Site, ISLA is required to process your personal data to meet our legal obligations in accordance with the tax provisions and other statutory rules which apply. Personal Data Processed: Contact details and details of your transaction with us.
- ISLA only collects the information that is necessary to carry out ISLA’s business, provide the particular service you requested and to keep you up to date about all the latest ISLA news.
DATA TRANSFER OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION
Since ISLA and its service providers are located in countries outside the European Union, that nevertheless offer an adequate level of data protection, as established by specific decisions of the European Commission.
The lawful transfer mechanism of your personal data to countries that do not belong to the European Union and that have not been assessed as offering adequate levels of protection will be performed only (i) after Standard Contractual Clauses have been put in place, and (ii) if the transfer is necessary for the purchase of goods offered on the Site or for registration on the Site or use of services on the website for the management of your requests.
DATA RETENTION PERIOD
ISLA will keep your personal data for a limited period of time in line with ISLA’s data retention policy. The specific retention period will vary according to the reason for processing your personal data. After this period, your data will be permanently erased or otherwise irreversibly rendered anonymous.
REASONS ISLA SHARES PERSONAL DATA
ISLA will only share your information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- When necessary to process your order (e.g. sharing your payment details with our payment gateway, in order to process your payment, or providing your address and contact details to our shipping courier to deliver your order);
- To ensure the security and stability of the Site (e.g. ISLA may share error or logging information with ISLA’s external technical support in order to alert ISLA to any technical problems); or
- To market to you using trusted third party vendors (with your consent).
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You have the following rights:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data that ISLA holds about you;
- The right to ask ISLA to correct any inaccuracies in the personal data ISLA holds about you;
- The right to withdraw your consent to marketing;
- The right to opt out of ISLA’s email marketing campaigns by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of ISLA’semail campaigns;
- The right to object to ISLA’s processing of your personal data on the basis of ISLA’s legitimate interest;
- The right to request the deletion of your personal data from ISLA’s database;
- The right to data portability to transfer your data to another entity; and
- The right related to automated decision making including profiling. ISLA uses profiling to make relevant and tailored recommendations to you. ISLA does not use automated decision-making processes that would have a potentially damaging effect on you. But if ISLA did, you have the right to obtain human intervention, express your point of view, obtain an explanation of the decision and challenge it.
If you cannot access or control certain personal data you believe ISLA may have collected, you can always contact firstname.lastname@example.org. ISLA will try its best to respond to your requests to control your personal data within 30 days.
If you believe that ISLA is processing your data illegally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authorities.
ISLA is committed to taking appropriate measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised, unlawful and/or accidental access, processing, loss or damage, and destruction. In particular, ISLA uses security measures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your data as well as the resilience of the systems and services that process them. The data controllers for any personal data we hold about you is ISLA.
ISLA is responsible for ensuring that your data is held securely, that you are given accurate information about how your data is used, and that your rights regarding your data are respected. The products ISLA sells are not aimed specifically at individuals under the age of 18, ISLA does not promote ISLA products to this market and ISLA cannot identify individuals of this age and under, on ISLA’s database. Please refer to ISLA’s Terms and Conditions for more information.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We will respect any browser based cookie controls or tracking protection that might be enabled, however we do not currently support the “Do Not Track” feature now present in some web browsers as there is not yet a common understanding of how we should interpret this signal.